Skip to main content

5 things I do not like in the RPG - CYM PRESS

RPGs are very good games but some gameplay mechanics tire. I concocted a small list of 5 things I do not like in the RPGs. I'm waiting for yours.

The Roles Playing Games or role games in French that we often abcribe RPG (it goes faster), have a special mechanics. This is not your platform game Uncharted or Mario Bros and others. When we speak RPG, we see Zelda, Skyrim, the Final Fantasy, Fallout and I pass. Honestly, I'm not a great consumer of the genre. Nevertheless, it happened to me to spend hours on some of them.

As a player, I had the chance to get their hands on many of these games. Besides, there are many I have never finished. (Not that they were zero, but just that I found them long for nothing or that I lost my interest over the game hours). However, these experiences, allowed me to realize what I did not like in these games. Here is a subjective list of things I do not like in the RPGs.

Classic rpg scenarios Type end of the world and elected

Most RPGs, which I played, puts me in the skin of an elected representative to save the world. Basically, it's not a real problem, except when all or almost have the same story ... Excuse me, but it becomes pretty repetitive. From the start, I am destined for great things without really knowing why. In addition, everyone seems to be aware of my destiny, except me. Strange. I feel like neo in Matrix. Everyone knows my role, except me, the player.

I understand why these heroic / epic scenarios. On the other hand, I have trouble hanging. Am I too earth-to-earth? No, I do not think she is a big fan of science fiction. It's just that I do not recognize myself in the character. Worse still, I rarely feel concerned by history. Link and me for example, have nothing in common. Already, he likes green. It's a bad start that. (Small attack at the fans of St-Etienne! I love you).

Then, there is this feeling of helplessness. There is always this strong impression of being on a train and suffering everything around us. Our actions often have little impact except in more recent games like :The Wiccher 3_ or fallout. However, impossible to dry the life of the world, just like the secondary quests elsewhere. Which brings me to my next point.

25+ Things That Will HAPPEN IN FOOTBALL Before 2030! ???????? ft. Ronaldo, Messi, Haaland... etc

a little (or almost) all secondary quests

The goal of secondary quests is to allow the player to acquire several things. This can be more information about what is happening in the world (of the game we agree). You know, a little context. It's also a way to earn experience points to evolve my character. Finally, it allows me to get rare objects or weapons. Even so very often, I find myself with lots of trinkets in my inventory.

On the other hand, I have no problem with secondary quests in general, but rather with those that send me to the other end of the card recover an object to bring it back to its owner. I point Horizon Zero Dawn who forces me a lot of long feedback. Most often, it is an object that a NPC would have lost and that it can not "unfortunately" not recover itself ... as by chance. In all the characters of the game, I am strangely, the only capable of doing it? Like what, launch a Uber Eats business in the world of RPG, is not a good idea.

And then, there are also these secondary quests so long that they could be part of the main story. Which leads me to point the lack of logic of RPGs. The scenario makes me understand that the end of the world is close, but however, I can allow myself to put in pause to make ancillary quests that have no impact on the end of the game? Like what, Ganondorf is not so in a hurry that to dominate the world. He waited decades, he can still wait a week. No ?

level level

Any good RPG that is self-respecting must make me cravach to reach the maximum level. Often, I have to sacrifice entire hours to hunt the monster, simply to increase three levels. These will allow me to beat the mini-boss that prevents me from unlocking the next zone. If I understand the idea behind, it is necessary to work to be able to advance in life, is not it? Except that in real life, there are other ways to move forward. Here, I am dictated by the law of the number.

RPGs only work by this ideology of the number. It takes both 800 points of experience to reach the level 26 which will allow you to get this sword that has a force of 90, which is sufficient to beat this level of level 25 which has a defense of 50 but a bar of 600 life, while you have a strength of 15 and a bar of 300. I do not need to go more about it, I think you understood me.

the class system

Arg ... Classes ... Why our company loves so much to put people in categories? I do not like being confined to a single type of character in a game. It's like I threw street fighter and I stayed blocked with Ken forever! RPGs love this mechanics. Fortunately, it's changing, but bad habits are struggling hard. Skyrim lets me evolve as I want and according to my style of play, my character finds his own class. It's always better than having to choose from the start.

Finally, I mean, we are not in 3rd or in the second before the orientation counselor anyway. _ "So Malick, what do you want to do later? I want to be necromancer! _ No, it should not be like that in the RPGs. Even CyberPunk imposes 3 types of characters hidden behind 3 different scenarios. What I want is that my character becomes strong if I play a lot to the ax. That he becomes fast because I run a lot, etc. In fact, a bit like CJ in Gta San Andreas. When CJ runs, his stamina increases and runs faster. More CJ eats, plus cj grows and loses stamina and speed. Finally, the more I shoot with a weapon and the more it becomes precise with. It's not bad that and it dates from the PS2!

The lack of logic of some RPGs

It's stupid to say, but I find that RPGs do not really take into account day and night. Yet it's a thing very often put forward by developers. Real weather, true change of atmosphere and blah blah blah. Let me explain. Has he never happened to meet a NPC in the middle of the night and it does not refer to the fact that it is 4am from morning on Monday night? It's strange for a game that wants to be "realistic". Of course, some titles prevent us from going in some places at certain times and it's excellent. If I remember shenmue was very picky on time. It's clear that it does not bother everyone, but when I'm talking about realism, I'm expecting a minimum anyway.

Another problem? The magician inventory bag is transported. How does my hero make to have 4 swords, 6 different armor, 7 boots, 15 potions of care, etc. on him without affecting his movements? Fortunately, The Wiccher has changed the game a little, but we are far from the account. In The Wiccher 3, when I reach the limit of my inventory, Gérart moves more slowly because I'm too heavy. Except that I still have about me 60 objects. Okay, it is to prevent me from the feedback between the hostel and the dungeon, but still? We could at least limit that to a dozen no?

Well, one last. I do not know if I really have to put it in there, but character creation in general does not serve much. I spend hours making a character who looks like me for ultimately, the NPCs do not even refer to my dress style. In Assassin's Creed Valhalla, we can play a woman or a man. It's great, but deep down, it's purely cosmetic in the sense that the character to a name that adapts to the two sexes. If I make a figure with blue hair, I want the legend of my character in the virtual world that he was a hero with blue hair, rather beautiful kid, in the dress style that tears. Not just a Lambda character without any personality.

And you ? What do not you like in the RPGs? Do you have examples? Do not hesitate to share them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fascination Agricultural Simulator: From E

Battlefield, Call of Duty, Far Cry: The game industry is full of blockbusters gathering millions of players. But they shiver in Germany before a competitor, which also comes from a new title: The Agricultural Simulator! For over a decade, the games of the LS has been developed and since then the series as a permanent burner in the game elements is in Germany. We go for the reason for the reason, talked to the developers, fans and professional players and clarify what's behind the fascination to indulge in digital country life. Table of contents Page 1 Fascination Agricultural Simulator: From E-Sport, Modding Culture & Configuration, Page 1 1.1Ab on the field! 1.2 From the toddler to the pensioner 1.3I modes you what! Page 2 Fascination Agricultural Simulator: From E-Sport, Modding Culture & Fan Resources, Page 2 2.1 sporting performance 2.2The fascination of variety Page 3 picture gallery for Agricultural Simulator 22: Why do you love so many? AB on the field!

2022 Hangzhou Asian Games, e-Sports 8 items adopted?

The Video Game Honor for Video Game of the Year is an award presented annually by The Video game Awards to the game evaluated to be the best from that schedule year. The process begins with numerous dozen computer game magazines as well as internet sites, selected by the Video game Honors' advisory committee, to act as the court annually. The board jointly names 6 games as nominees for Video game of the Year, with any kind of game released from the prior awards' removed date to November of the existing year eligible for election. After the candidates are released, the champion is picked by a mixed ballot containing 90% from the votes from courts and also 10% by public voting. Prior to The Video Game Awards 2018, there were 5 nominees for the honor before it raised to 6. In the '2022 Hangzhou Asian Games', a total of 8 e sports games are scheduled to be selected. On September 7, the People's E-Sports , China, reported that a total of eight e-sports events were se

Tomiwa Edun,Chris Walters,Lisa Solberg,Antoine Griezmann and more familiar faces are back in FIFA 18’s The Journey: Hunter Returns

A variety of familiar faces are back in FIFA 18’s The Journey: Hunter Returns, in addition to a entire new set of characters that Alex encounters on his solution to global stardom. The latest chapter in Alex’s adventure takes him from a holiday in Brazil, glamorous preseason tour in Los Angeles, . Here are the actors and professional athletes you’ll be meeting as you live out the story with Alex in FIFA18: Cristiano Ronaldo Not much needs to be said about FIFA 18’s cover star, as Ronaldo is one of the greatest footballers in the history of the sport. The Portuguese winger has won nearly every individual and team achievement out there, such as four Ballon d’Or trophies, four UEFA Champions League medals, and a UEFA European Championship medal. He holds quite a few records for both club and nation, and he’s likely to break even more before his profession is finished.   Antoine Griezmann A breakout star in recent seasons for Atlético Madrid and the French national team, Grie